Instructions for use, Technical Specifics and Mechanical Data sheets.
When using PurEpoxy River Casting Resin follow the directions below.
PE-100-CASTING PUREPOXY RIVER CASTING RESIN
WORK SPACE & SURFACE PREP:
· BOTH WOOD & RESIN SHOULD BE ACCLIMATED TO ROOM TEMPERATURE OF 70- 80° F.
· WORK INDOORS, IN A TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED AREA. MAINTAIN A CONSTANT TEMP THROUGH OUT THE CURING PROCESS
· THE SURFACE TO BE COATED MUST BE COMPLETELY DRY AND FREE OF DUST, WAX, GREASE OR OIL.
· CLEANING THE SURFACE WITH 91% ISOPROPYL OR DENATURED ALCOHOL IS ADVISED.
· SURFACE MUST BE PERFECTLY LEVEL.
· MOLDS COMPLETELY SEALED & WATERTIGHT.
APPLY A SEAL COAT TO EXPOSED SURFACE, EDGES AND OBJECTS TO BE COVERED WITH EPOXY. THIS WILL CREATE A BARRIER TO PREVENT OUT GASSING DURING FLOOD COAT, PREVENT COLOR BLEEDING & BETTER SEAL YOUR MOLD. ALWAYS ALLOW EACH COAT TO CURE BEFORE ADDING ANOTHER.
MIXING AND MEASURING
Measure exactly 2 parts A resin and 1 part B hardener in separate mixing cups.
Stir each part for 30 seconds before combining in a clean plastic container. Graduated mixing containers are recommended for measuring and mixing.
Hand mix with a wooden stir stick or electric mixing paddle for 4- 5 minutes, scraping the sides & bottom of container multiple times.
Pour mixture into 2nd mixing container, scraping all contents from 1st container.
Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
Let resin sit for 3-5 minutes. All air bubbles will rise to the top.
Remove the layer of foam using a heat gun
Hold 6" above and use sweeping motions for 10 seconds.
The same technique can be used with a torch.
Pour mixed resin into mold or onto surface. PurEpoxy River Casting resin is a low viscosity and does not trap air bubbles.
But any bubbles that appear can easily be removed with a heat gun.
Using low heat setting, move in sweeping motions over the surface keeping 4-6 inches above.
Do not stop moving or overheat the resin (this causes discoloration in time).
You will now have a glass-like surface.
POT LIFE & CURE TIME:
Pot life is up to 4 hrs.
Hard to the touch in 48-72 hrs. (Add 2nd coat now)
Fully cured in 7 days. time for de-molding, drilling, cutting, etc...
Epoxy reaches full shore hardness in 14 days.
Objects could leave an indentation if left on top of the resin, keep table away from hot or cold temps & direct sunlight during this time period.
Cure times are influenced by temperature, humidity, volume and thickness.
· PE-100-CASTING should be stored indoors, dry, temp 70-78° F, out of sunlight & reach of children
· Resin and hardener should be stored in a tightly closed container. (Bloxygen is recommended)
· Humidity under 60%. Temperature is between 70-78°F. Use a de-humidiﬁer if needed
· PurEpoxy River CASTING should be used within one year of purchase. (Bloxygen will extend the shelf-life)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In case of skin contact, wash with water and soap. In case of eye contact, immediately rinse with water for at least 15 minutes. Consult with a doctor. For respiratory problems, transport victim to fresh air. Remove contaminated clothes and clean before reuse. Overexposure may cause skin irritation. Avoid eye contact. Contact with may cause serious burns. Wear safety glasses and chemical resistant gloves. Adequate ventilation and/or a respirator approved by the NIOSH/MSHA is recommended.
ESTIMATING COVERAGE: 1 gallon of mixed epoxy = 231 cubic inches of volume. Total cubic inches = L x W x D
RIVER CASTING RESIN TECHNICAL and MECHANICAL DATA
|PEAK EXOTHERM||38°C (100°F)|
|RECOMMENDED FULL CURE||7 DAYS @ 75°F|
|POT LIFE @ 75° F||360 MINUTES (6 HOURS )|
|TACK-FREE TIME @ 75° F||72- 84 HOURS|
|WORKING TEMPERATURE RANGE||68- 80°F (OPTIMAL 74°F)|
|TENSILE STRENGTH||9500 PSI|
|COMPRESSION STRENGTH||11700 PSI|
|FLEXURAL STRENGTH||15500 PSI|
|TG ULTIMATE||95°C (203°F)|
|HARDNESS, SHORE D||70 - 80|
|VO/LC G||< 8 G/L|
|MIX RATIO BY VOLUME||2:1 (RESIN: HARDENER)|
MIX RATIO BY WEIGHT
|100:45 (RESIN: HARDENER)|
MIXED VISCOSITY @ 75° F